2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PCM replacement now Tranny code

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
scooterqualified
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM replacement now Tranny code

recently picked up a 2001 Ram SLT 4x2 5.2l auto w/67k mi I got the dreaded P0601 code, sp I had the dealer replace the PCM and after going through what I would guess a ODB cycle, the MIL light went on again, this time with a Manufacturer Transmission control module code, the truck rides fine but 80% of the time will not downshift into first gearwhen I come to a stop, so when i take off again it almost feels like i taking off in 3rd or 2nd gear, If I downshift manually I get all the power. Sometimes when I'm at a light, I can feel/hear the tranny shift in and out by itself. Sometimes it starts off in 1st but not most times.

Queestion is, can this be cause by anything they did at the dealer replacing my PCM? I plan on taking it back to the dealer to dispute it and avoid out of pocket cost.
Thanks in advance lookinf forward to participating on the forums.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, get that back to the dealer and have them look at it. What your describing sounds really screwy.

Quick Reply: PCM replacement now Tranny code