2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power lock fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:55 AM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power lock fuse keeps blowing

(I just bought this truck on monday)

When I got the truck the Power locks did not work, no big deal. changed the fuse and it worked until last night. ????? changed the fuse again. Noticed that I put a 15A fuse in the 10A slot. with the door open so the dome and chime were going (they are linked to the door lock fuse) I hit the power lock and pop. fuse went out again.

Now I think that says that the switch for the locks must be bad right? I am not the best with electrical stuff.

any ideas what else it could be?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the wiring that is between the door and the a-pillar. It is the place where the door can pinch the wiring....

Old 09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
TonkaMan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this same exact problem with my truck I took it to the dealer they said they took a look at it and found nothing ever since then I havent had a problem... my guess is I had a pinched wire and from them getting in there and moving stuff around it freed up whatever was stuck. I guess what I mean to say is +1 on the pinched wire theory

Old 09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

checked the wiring in the door. nothing

I do now notice that one of my front dome lights that should click on just kinda dangles there like there is nothing in there. I bet that might be the problem right there. anybody know how to take that cover off? I don't want to crack anything.

Quick Reply: Power lock fuse keeps blowing