2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 03:38 PM
klewalk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speakers

I just went through and read the old posts that dealt with speaker questions, but still haven't heard anyone talk about when you replace the 6x9's in the front and you have the nice infinity system already in your truck. What do you do with the big plastic device that is attached to your old speakers? and what is that thing?

I recently bought an infinity power amp and some nice 6x9 infinity speakers, they do fit in the doors but im not sure what to do and where to put that plastic device that all the wires go into.

can anyone help me out.

k

Old 02-04-2005, 04:17 PM
SkullJoe
Default RE: speakers

THAT DEVICE COULD BE THE BUILT IN AMPLIFIER THAT'S CONNECTED TO YOUR SPEAKERS. I'VE NEVER HAD TO EXPERIENCE THIS BECAUSE WHEN I REPLACED MY SPEAKERS I REPLACED MY DECK. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER THIS.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Slick
Default RE: speakers

It is an amp. Replace all of it. Speakers, wire, and deck. If you replace one set of speakers it will sound like crap and you will want to replace everything. If you do replace everything you will realize that the Infinity sound system isnt all that good.

Quick Reply: speakers