2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

heed help two differant problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:46 PM
4X$ Viper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question heed help two differant problems

1. Automatic Transmission has veary week power from dead stop drove truck two days ago and everything was fine even had te trailer on the truck fluid level is fine temp is good. other then from a start all is ok very strong. can it start to slip that fast and can the bands be ajusted. Problem 2. Gen light came on to day replaced ALt. but still caming on is there something I should be looking at or am I just having the most unlucky day every??? oh this is a V-10 1997 ram 2500

Last edited by 4X$ Viper; 10-04-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Visious 318
Professional

The regulator inside the computer is bad the only way to fix this is to replace the computer ECM

Old 10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
4X$ Viper

Ok first would like to tell you how much I help you are and I Thanke You for that Help.

I drove the truck to autozone and had them check the codes on the ECM. they where 0757 witch is
Definition: 2-3 shift solenoid valve performance.
Explanation: ECM has detected an open orshorted condition on the shift solenoid circuit.
Probable Causes:
1. shift solanoid failure-repair other codes first
2. open or short circuit condition.
3. Internal transmission failures.

1765 witch is
Definition: Transmission 12 v supply relay controlo fault.
Explanation: ECM detected the voltage on the trans relay circuit was different then expected.
Probable Causes:
1. Relay defected
2. open or shorted circuit condition
3. Ecm Defective.

My Question to you is. Do you still think it is the ECM ?

remember alt pass bench test but does not work in truck. I just dont want to spend alot of money and not fix the problem!! Thanks again.

Quick Reply: heed help two differant problems