2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Infinity Speaker - Loud static

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 01:43 AM
440Duster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Speaker - Loud static

Hello all,

I have been reading posts from this forum off and on for a few months now. Has anyone had a problem with the factory infinity stereo, suddenly losing it's mind? I have a 2000 Ram 4x4 QC with Infinity CD/Tape head unit and steering wheel controls. A couple of months ago, the left side started getting faint static every once in a while then it would go away. Then suddenly, one day I heard a loud pop and buzzing noise that liked to blow my ears out.....next the left side is completely dead.

I waltzed on down to the Dodge dealer and special ordered a replacement left side door speaker w/ amplifier and installed. Within minutes the same problem started to manifest itself with the faint static. I disconnected the rear door speaker on the left side as well and it seemed to clear it up. Now 2 months later (with rear left door speaker still disconnected), it is coming back again.

My question is this.......Does anybody know whether there is a capacitor somewhere in the system that may go bad on these systems??? I am 2 steps away from just trashing all of the factory speakers, and head unit and buying all new. I already have 300 bucks tied up in 2 speakers and 1 amp already from Mopar.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 02-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Slick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Infinity Speaker - Loud static

Get rid if all of the factory crap!!!! But if you do decied to keep it I do have the amps from mine lying around. Also check your wiring, connections and if anything is getting wet.

Quick Reply: Infinity Speaker - Loud static