2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1997 bad stalling problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:33 PM
jay_pike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 bad stalling problems

I REPLACED THE HEADS ON MY 5.9 ... AFTER RUNNING THE TRUCK FOR 3 DAYS AND ABOUT 100 MILES IT STARTED TO STALL WHILE IT WAS RUNNING !!! NOW IT STALLS FROM THE BEGINGING !!! IT HAVE CHANGED THE SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES ... NOTE THAT THE PLUGS WERE CARBON BLACK WHEN TAKEN OFF ... I HAVE CHANGED THE MAP SENSOR, THE IDLE CONTROL VALVE AND THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE ... ANY ONE HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ??? PLEASE HELP

Old 10-13-2008, 04:32 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your injector connectors. If they are loose, you could be misfiring. ALso, check to make sure the cnnection on your Crank and cam postion sensors are tight.

Other than that, i don't know what could be wrong. If they are carbon black..that means that you could be running really rich. or you have massive blow by. Is there blue smoke coming out from your exhaust? How was your plenum when you took off the intake?

Also, make sure that you have the coil wire routed in the gulley between the head and intake. If that wire is touching other wires, it could cause interference. That ussually spits out a Coil#1 error code.

I really can't tell you whats going on. Stalling can be because of a vac leak...so look for them.

--Dan

Quick Reply: 1997 bad stalling problems