2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Help with leveling kit.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
schmidtp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with leveling kit.

Hey,
My dad and i just put 2 inch blocks with new shocks on the back of my truck and we tried to put a 2 inch leveling kit on the front springs but we took everysingle nut off and we could not get the spindle and rotor off of the a arms. Has anyone had this problem or can anyone help me. Cause we just put all the nuts back on and just installed the shocks but we would like to put the leveling kit on cause the truck looks kinda like a drag car right now.
Thanks,
Patrick

Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
94Beater
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Need more info on your truck 2x4, 4x4?
Why do you have to remove the spindle to put the spring spacer?
I thought spacers go on the top of the spring and you can just remove old shocks, lift the frame of the vehicle and insert the spacer between spring and the farme mount. Put the shocks back in and you should be done. Again this is in the case of 4x4.
I don't know what you have to do for the 2x4.
Hope someone else can help in this case

Old 10-15-2008, 07:16 PM
schmidtp
Veteran

its 2wd but yeah the spacers do just go on top of the spring but my dad and i couldnt figure how to get it out.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:46 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Im pretty sure the spacers arn't for 2wd's. Which spacers did you get?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:52 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you trying to get the spring out? if so be careful, you should get spring depressors so be on the safe side.

ok,(put spring depressors on the springs, or not, safe with) loosen up the upper joint ball nut ( not all the way off) support the lower control arm, then put a joint fork between the upper control arm and the top of the spindle (were the bottom half of the ball joint is) hit the fork in till the spindle is free, then with the lower control arm supported, take ball joint off al the way, remove the shock just the lower blot to the lower control arm. then lower the lower control arm with a jack. the spring should be free, then put the spacer on the spring...... ... please please be careful the spring can be very harmful because it has weight on it. good luck i hope this helps. tell us how it goes...

Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
dodgeforlife15
Professional

do what dodgeram07 said. if it feels like it won't budge, make sure you have the lower control arm supported with a jack and give it a whack with a sledgehammer. the ball joints are pressure sealed in there and they need some convincing to get off.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:07 PM
schmidtp
Veteran

yeah its meant for 2wd, heres the link to the ones i got.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350102844430
i also already rented a spring compressor from advanced auto parts and it goes on the inside of the spring. my dad and i were hitting it pretty hard and we didnt get any movement but we will try again. thanks for the help hopefully we can get around to it before it gets cold.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:57 PM
bkolman1022

use this. i installed my spacers on my 2wd a week ago and used these more than the instructions that came with the spacers. pictures help a lot. and the pittman arm puller works really well, although i was able to get the puller on the tie rod end. harbor freight has the puller for 7 bucks. couldnt have done this without it

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-faqs-diys-and-how-to-s/91524-2wd-coil-spacer-leveling-kit-3rd-gen-ram-by-txst8tj.html

Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
schmidtp
Veteran

hey everyone.
sorry I havent responded in a while. I ended up taking my truck to an suspension shop for a guy to do the front for me. Plus it needs to get aligned so he can do that too. I want to post some pics of my truck when its done and see what you all think.
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Need Help with leveling kit.