2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge 1 Ford 0

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:05 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xskylinedx
The truck is still valued in the $8,000 private party range, so I'm not worried about it being totaled. That was just the quick guesstamate I recieved, it could be less. I'm not real happy about the whole thing thought, I really love this truck. I was thinking that if it did get totaled I would get another one.
If it gets totaled i want your overhead console if it has the compass/temp display.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it gets totaled, you can buy it back,,, thats what we did on a ltd once.... you really like this truck and you know everything about it, all the things you have done to it... i would say buy it back from the insurance company..

Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PURPLDODGERAMITMFERS
If it gets totaled i want your overhead console if it has the compass/temp display.

LOL!

I most likely will buy it back; I mean I can't see letting my entire exhaust system go, or the intake, or the modded kegger, or the fastman tb, or the mallory ignition, etc.

What really sucks is that I was finally going to be getting my injectors in for my supercharger install and I had a 4 day weekend coming up. I was also headed to my local speed shop to purchase a cloyes double roller timing set, high flow water pump, and chain tensioner. Well thats a bust.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by xskylinedx
LOL!

I most likely will buy it back; I mean I can't see letting my entire exhaust system go, or the intake, or the modded kegger, or the fastman tb, or the mallory ignition, etc.

What really sucks is that I was finally going to be getting my injectors in for my supercharger install and I had a 4 day weekend coming up. I was also headed to my local speed shop to purchase a cloyes double roller timing set, high flow water pump, and chain tensioner. Well thats a bust.
Too much of an investment to just let me tear it apart at a junkyard!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:10 PM
dodgeman22
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok what is this "kegger" you talk about whats it do what does it look like etc.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:23 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

it is a very large, barrel like container that is commonly used to hold beer. it is also what most people refer to the intake manifold on a dodge 3.9/5.2/5.9 magnum engine

Old 10-21-2008, 11:17 PM
dodgeguy97
Professional

beer i like beer , dang man sorry to hear about your truck and are you ok , cheer up and get that ram back on the road , you would think these ford and chevy guy's would stay out of the way of a dodge another lesson learned

Old 10-22-2008, 12:05 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Bad day for the Rams. Not trying to steal your thunder, but got mine into an accident today as well. 'cept this one was ruled my fault.

The trade off is that although it was ruled my fault, all I need is a new front bumper, as opposed to all the work you're going to need. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I have some day light. I do feel sorry for your poor machine, that looks bad.

Short story version... on my way home from work, veered to get past a little car that decided to try and cut across two lanes of traffic and aborted after a foot into my lane. Only after veering and avoiding one potential accident do I suddenly realize that traffic in front of me is coming to a sudden stop. Add in a light ran to make the road slick (and my tires just getting wet, not warmed up yet), and you get a recipe for a three car accident. I almost managed to stop before the car in front of me, except for the last five feet where I slid. I slid into the 1989 Geo Spectrum in front of me, at about 15 mph ish. He evidently wasn't on his brakes, because he rolled forward approximately a car length and a half (I saw the tires, he was rolling, not skidding) into a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 in front of him. The 2006 had a ball hitch, and it basically speared this Geo's front end. Other than the driver of the 2006 possibly having a case of whip-lash (I hope not), no injuries.

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 = new front bumper
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 = new rear bumper, new trailer hitch
1989 Geo Spectrum = Totaled (ruined front bumper, hood, front side panels, grille, headlights, front valance, rear bumper, one rear taillight, trunk)

I know I got out of it light, and my insurance company is taking care of everything, but da**... I still feel like crap. Almost three and a half years without an accident, and bam, out of no where.

Sad thing is, the two bumpers + labor (I will probably install mine myself, but I doubt he will do the same) is more than the value of the Geo. I appraised it quickly online, and if it was fully loaded with less than 100,000 miles, its still only valued (dealer price) at about $500 (assuming clean condition, which it did not look). A quick look at the main bumper piece on eBay for my 2001: about $250-$300. Will see what I can get at the salvage yard.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:15 AM
dodgeguy97
Professional

sorry to hear that jason hope your feeling ok , and i just sold my frt bumper to a guy this past sunday

Old 10-22-2008, 03:20 AM
Viper37
Banned

Originally Posted by lastrights
i dunno his truck is an 01 , dunno about totaling it, did it do anything to the motor at all???? glad to see you ok,
So? My Ram is an 01, in cherry condition and its only worth about $6000. His truck will most likely be totaled. Insurance company's do not follow KBB, they determine value a based on an independent estimate of a certain number of that vehicle.

And Jason, check out "Certifit" I was able to get an entire new front end (grille, plastics, bumper) for $266 through them.

They are nationwide.

Quick Reply: Dodge 1 Ford 0