2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge 1 Ford 0

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Bam24609
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow yeah, dont think its gonna be totaled fix it up bro
nice kill
dodge the father ram the daughter

Old 10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Viper37
Banned

Originally Posted by xskylinedx
Actually NO, its not going to happen. I've got a shop lined up ready to install OEM parts, he's just waiting for me to win the fight with the insurence company. As soon as I tell him to pull the trigger he will be ordering them up.
Lol, sounds like you ignored everything I typed. Wishful thinking eh? The Chinese made parts ARE OEM parts. They all come into LAX from China, then get distributed. The most you can hope for is re manufactured, or residual parts left over.

My Cousin work's for Chrysler, I would think he might know a little better than you.

Originally Posted by jason.w
Viper, maybe I'm blind and deaf, but I couldn't find any place around here that has Certifit. That would have been awesome though.

Hmm, I thought they ship parts. Did you find Certifit's website?

As for aftermarket parts, they never fit correctly. What I found about the bumper, is that it has to be flexed a little bit. Crank one side down, then move to the other.

And when I say crank, I mean CRANK. The bumper has a tendency to slide when you tighten the opposite side due to the lack of years worth of dust a grime "glueing" the bracket in place.

Last edited by Viper37; 10-23-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper37

Hmm, I thought they ship parts. Did you find Certifit's website?
I didn't realize they were the whole deal, I thought they were just a manufacturer that you had to find a distributor for.

Now that I know, I found the website. However, I don't believe its $110 for the whole bumper. I believe its $115.50 for the chrome piece, $28.75 for the upper cover, and $26.75 for the lower fascia (lower cover). That comes to $171 for the parts of the front bumper I needed (I reused the sight shields for the fog lights and the lower air dam piece). I really didn't need an upper cover at first, until my ambition got a little to much a little to fast and I discovered that those plastic clips holding it into the chrome break easily when pulled on a bit, rather than depressing the tabs first.

Anyway, I have no idea what they charge for shipping, but I know most places online want upwards of $60-$80 for the chrome piece alone. However, even after factoring that in, it would have saved me probably at least $50-$100 by waiting and doing that, but I only work two days this week (Best Buy labor budget cuts), and wanted to get it done before family came out this weekend. Impatience cost me some money, oh well, lesson learned. Thanks for the site though, Viper, I'll remember it for the future.

As for aftermarket parts, they never fit correctly. What I found about the bumper, is that it has to be flexed a little bit. Crank one side down, then move to the other.

And when I say crank, I mean CRANK. The bumper has a tendency to slide when you tighten the opposite side due to the lack of years worth of dust a grime "glueing" the bracket in place.
I'm sorry, I don't think I worded my last post the best. Its an angle back to front, not side to side.

Its like this (using old pictures before the accident and replacement)...

Not like this...

The whole thing is angled upwards, back to front, about twenty-ish degrees. Do I need new brackets, or did I miss something?

Last edited by jasonw; 10-23-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:17 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Viper37
Lol, sounds like you ignored everything I typed. Wishful thinking eh? The Chinese made parts ARE OEM parts. They all come into LAX from China, then get distributed. The most you can hope for is re manufactured, or residual parts left over.

My Cousin work's for Chrysler, I would think he might know a little better than you.
Actually you are right, I ignored everything you typed. Why you may ask? well heres the break down for ya.

1) All I ever see you do is argue in posts
2) I don't think you know as much as you claim to know
3) Hooray for your, cousin? I guess that makes me an expert weilder, engineer, roofer, etc.

Even if the parts are made in China like you claim they still are not the same ones made by the low rent aftermarket. If that were true than they would fit the same as aftermarket parts, which they don't.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I have read in previous threads from quite a while back that these brackets are adjustable, and that all I might need to do is adjust the bumper down. Is this correct? As soon as I help my wife with some house cleaning, I may go out and try it.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:49 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont find this cool at all...

"Dodge 1 Ford 0??"

I'm glad your at fault. You must be.

I'm sure you were pissed that he pulled out and you most likely could have hit your brakes.

Just from your posting title it seems like you could have prevented this.

I bet this accident wouldnt of happened if it was a car that cut you off.

HAHA!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench4000
I don't think either I, or skyline, think its cool either.

Unless those multiple lines were directed at different people, you are confused.

My accident was minor (to me) with a car, I was at fault. His accident was pretty major, with the Ranger, he was listed not at fault. Thats why he is fighting with the other guy's insurance company, because they are paying to fix his truck.

I won't even comment on the rest of your post, as your entire post was pointless. It read like you are just spoiling for a fight.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

"Dodge 1 Ford 0??"

I'm sure you were pissed that he pulled out and you most likely could have hit your brakes.

HAHA!
LOL I'll actually answer this, but if you antagonize me again I'll just tell you where to stick it.

I'm not at fault, period. The guy tried to cross two lanes directly infront of me, I hit the brakes, steered right, and that was the only reason why I didn't kill him by hitting his door. Thank goodness for small miracles. I was pissed that he pulled in front of me, but at the time all I could do was react. Nuff said.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i was sort of being sarcastic lol.

hence the "HAHA!"

It was lost in translation on the forum.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:21 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

"Dodge 1 Ford 0??"

HAHA!
You dont have to be an *** aboyt it. Sounds like your trying to pick a fight. And believe me, I KNOW about people picking fights. Im in middle school

Quick Reply: Dodge 1 Ford 0