2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parts Sites

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
clipper77
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks alot guys!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Yup I like Napa a lot. Forgot to mention lately I've been using mostly OEM parts from the dealer to replace stuff. They usually cost more but for some reason they just seem to be the best. I don't like replacing stuff a year down the road because it crapped out after 20k miles when the factory one lasted 80k.
I am going to start using factory Mopar parts. Although this might not go well wit my dad....he will not go to the dealer for anything.............except to look at the new '09 Rams!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:56 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup honestly I just found a lot of parts store parts to be cheaper but most of the stuff from the dealer seemed to last a lot longer. When I go to shops for the few things I take it to a shop for I usually go get the parts and bring my own so I can get them from the dealer. If I do it myself I also usually get them from the dealer. I have some parts I've gotten from parts stores though. Like my TPS is from Napa and works fine. I usually like to upgrade though or go to the dealer. Cost more but usually seems to be worth it in the long run. I have had good luck with most Napa stuff though.

Our local dealer is a rip off and I don't like them at all however sometimes it's just a pain to drive an hour or even half an hour each way when the local dealer is 5 minutes away. I've bought so much from them and usually look it up online and ask for the retail price there they know me and give me a fairly good price once I tell them who I am. Like I called about interior paint and they told me $14 or something. I told them who I was and they told me $9 something. I used to get 25% off when I worked at a shop which made their prices inline with places 30minutes to an hour away maybe slightly better. Since I quit and don't get that price I usually get about that sometimes more or less depending on the part now. I hate paying them since they are an always have been a rip off but sometimes I don't want to drive an hour for parts. I used to not deal with them at all but I got tired of driving an hour for an oil filter for the Honda. They are Honda and Dodge. Most other dealers are owned by them too. Well, a lot of them. I've started dealing with them more and more but need to get away from it again and start going back to the ones that treat me fairly.

Last edited by hometheaterman; 10-29-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:08 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

my dealer is about 10 minutes from my dad's house. it is not that good of a dealer considering that the Ford dealer down the road (Haag Ford) is one of the best dealerships in our area.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

http://rockauto.com/ is good but you have shipping...... little tip autozone and advance auto will price match with rock auto,,, that what i did with my ball joints it saved me over 30 dollar each.. thats over 120 dollars!!!! for 4 ball joints ... rock auto is cheap so just have autozone or advance price match them

Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
http://rockauto.com/ is good but you have shipping...... little tip autozone and advance auto will price match with rock auto,,, that what i did with my ball joints it saved me over 30 dollar each.. thats over 120 dollars!!!! for 4 ball joints ... rock auto is cheap so just have autozone or advance price match them
You do have a good point, but if you are comparing moog parts to DuraCrap parts......I will buy em from rock auto

Old 10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

oh i got moog form advance auto the last one the had........ moog if it's good enough for nascar it's good enough fo me

Old 10-30-2008, 01:39 AM
working4ev
Professional

Parts Sites/supply shop???? sorry this sounds a little hard to understand,
last week i went to auto zone, napa, and even kragen. looking for the rebuild kit (also called a seal kit) to rebuild the calipers and the wheel cylnders on my '01 1500.

guess what: no go!! there is a part number and they could sell it to me IF they had them in stock!!! they also could order them for me... IF any of their suppliers had them in stock... but no they do not!! maybe it is the price difference between the seal kit that I want, which is $5, and the full remanufactured caliper, which goes for $75.

any suggestions on where i could get just the kit??

PS: sorry for hijacking your thread!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:05 AM
busaguy05
Professional

I personally like Car Quest, Auto Zone and Parts America (ie: Advance, Checkers and who ever else falls under that name) for oem stuff. Performance stuff I find the part that I want then Google the Manufacture along with the part number.

Quick Reply: Parts Sites