2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speedometer not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:13 PM
justinB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer not working

I just bought a used 97 Ram 2wd v6 and the speedometer doesnt work. I replaced the speed sensor in the axle and that didnt help. The needle on the speedometer isnt broken, and there is no sensor on the transmission. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:54 PM
magicc8ball

yea i have the same issue, so what i have done is i took out the cluster and took out the speedometer gauge and saw some cracks in the solder joints so i resoldered it got it all hooked up again, just cant test it yet cause my trans kickdown cable is broken.

none of your other gauges have any problems right?

Old 11-01-2008, 03:49 PM
justinB

all the other gauges work fine. Is there an additional speed sensor that i dont know about?

Old 11-01-2008, 04:18 PM
magicc8ball

one on the tranny and then one on the rear diff. but i dont know if that is going to be your prob. the speed sensors send readings to other things not just the speedometer. so if your speedometer is the only thing screwing up then id pull the cluster and pull the speedometer out and check the solder joints on the back. takes about 30 mins

Quick Reply: Speedometer not working