2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weird Question..

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Chaddd07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Question..

Ok,

I have a 96 5.2L v8 truck...reg cab 6'0 bed...so its a smaller truck then others.

Well, do people automatically think I have a v6 or something? I have 40 series flowmasters so my truck is loud, and this guy thought i was trying to race him....well i wasnt even hitting it so i was like what the hell and i took off leaving him behind. he was driving a f150...so yeah i knew i would win from the start but when he pulled up next to me asking me what i was driving, i just said its stock and he said "whatever" and drove off. Does this happen to you guys/girls? This isn't the first time it has happened...people try to race me and when i win they look at me like i did something amazing to the truck...its just a smaller truck then others with a good sized engine...so of course its going to be fast for a truck. Anyone else have a similiar story?

Also, the main questions is, did dodge not put many 5.2 engines in trucks like mine?!

Chad.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:29 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as i know and im sure some here knows better then i, that motor (same as mine) only can in like 40 or so percent of all these trucks, it was mostely the 360. but yea, i have a 98 extended cab with the short bed, so my truck is ok for what it is. but i have gotten that alot. my town is alot of offroad machiines and i am fast to most of them. they always tell me im running some good gears even though i have stock gears

Old 11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love it my 360, it has *****, lol but then when i go into my buddies 98 5.2 . its sooooo slow.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Chaddd07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet lol...I got some ideas and i really like the whole swapping my 5.2 for the 5.9 and getting a supercharger kit...hope it works!

Quick Reply: Weird Question..