2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2000 46re repairs

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:52 PM
bmet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 46re repairs

I just completed a governor solenoid and pressure sensor replacement. I was having trouble with late shifts. I previously took the truck to Dodge and had the fluld and filter replaced and bands adjusted. I'm not convenced any of it was done. When I dropped the pan the sludge on the bottom was thick and the fluld was dark. I was still getting the late shifts. I took the truck to a few shops and was told by one he thought it was the solenoid $350.00 to replace it. One shop said the transmission would have to be dropped because the pressure sensor was in the tail shaft and would have to be disssasembled so we might as well rebuild it at the tune of $1900.00. I had already read through the service manual so I knew better. The last shop wanted to drop the pan to see what's up but they were getting low governor pressure. I decided to replace the parts myself, the parts cost only $125.00 and I put a new filter and havaline atf +4 sythetic fluld. It now shifts like a new trans and the reverse whine is gone. I also adjusted the front band. I was going to adjust the back band but I don't have the right socket for it, any clues what it might be, defently not a torks but not a common or metric socket either, I tried both in 6pt and 12 pt but nothing seems to fit.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 AM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a reverse torx. There is a special socket for it but i havent bothered buying it.

Quick Reply: 2000 46re repairs