2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:50 PM
punkrguy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

99 1500 ext cab 4x4. My center piece on my cup holder busted (one of side pegs snapped off) anyone know of a good site to find OEM parts? Ive been searching and cant find anything descent. Ebay has the whole cup holder console but im not spending that much for cup holders. Any info would be great cuz im sick of looking for this stupid piece!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
ophidia
Captain

Is it one of the parts that moves to accommodate the cup size, or a fixed piece? Depending on this, it might be cheaper and easier just to pick up some 2 part plastic weld epoxy and put it back together that way. 2 part epoxy is your friend :P

Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
punkrguy
Professional

No its the part that connects the cup holder itself to the console.......when you open or fold down your cup holder its that middle piece that holds the cup holder up. It actually folds up when you fold the cup holder up. It clips onto the cup holders peg it has........cant really do anything with epoxy cuz it needs to rotate on that peg.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
ophidia
Captain

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions beyond starting to hitting up junkyards.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
punkrguy
Professional

Yea i already tried that also.....the rams get stripped out around here pretty quick. I found this part about 6 months ago but didnt buy it buy now its just annoying not having a cup holder and of course now that i want to buy it i cant find the website again. Stupid thing is only 15 bucks if i remember right