2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New replacement exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:25 PM
nathangfnd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New replacement exhaust

I was wondering what a good loud sounding exhaust system. I was trying to find a Manifold Back exhaust but cant seem to find an entire kit for my truck. which is a 1999 DODGE RAM 1500 5.9L V8 360????

Old 11-05-2008, 12:48 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

True duals, Flowmaster 10, or straight pipes from the converter back. Or glasspacks, but they are not my favorite.

A high flow cat is a must as well, unless you want to go the illegal route (which I don't promote and don't recommend) and gut the stock one.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:01 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stright pipes from the cat back with "4 tips...sounds awesome, gutting my cat didnt make much of a difference
heres mine before the gutted cat, sounds better in person
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcwEvAcxwm0

Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 PM
nathangfnd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud

I was trying to get it as loud as possible like when you first start it up and everyone within a mile calls the cops. I dont really know way to much about exhausts but im not that dumb. I know how to weld install and all that but dont know every bell and whistle on and exhaust system. So its kind of hard to order anything for it. I wanted to order a new high flow CAT and all that but I dont know Back pressure stuff and the o2 sensors and crap. So im trying to get the loudest one piece kit and it could be any brand and can be cat back or what ever i just dont know. Any input on what to get and use would be nice.

I would have a pro do it but around here you cant really get anything done that you want. The only shop around me will only cut off before the CAT and run it how they want it and they put what they want on it. I told them what i wanted and they said no they will do it this way so i am not going to let them do what they want to my truck.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 AM
TXcharger07
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LT headers and im biased against flow's so...

Spintech and Corsa both have a terrific sound for v-8's. very clean and loud sound out of both. spintech's are custom, handmade to order as well!

Quick Reply: New replacement exhaust