2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to tighten fender-mounted antenna

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Matt Harwood
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tighten fender-mounted antenna

Does anyone know how to tighten the factory antenna mount on the right front fender (not the antenna itself, but the mount)? Mine is loose and the antenna flops around. It's starting to wear the paint off and bends back almost to the windshield on the highway. It isn't the special nut on top, which is tight, but I can't see or feel under there to see how it's actually held on there.

Anyone with some experience with this? I don't much want to take the fender off to fix it.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:44 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That special nut is how it's held on. Either it's stripped and not on all the way or the inner part of the antenna is no good. And you don't need to remove the fender to replace. If you open the hood , there is an access hole where you can atleast look at it. To replace it you remove the right side kick plate to route the cable.

Quick Reply: How to tighten fender-mounted antenna