2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

is this the death flash sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never seen a pic, but I have been told that any sticker saying "authorized factory update" or anything of that nature is a deathflash sticker. I have one too, but my truck doesn't feel too weak to me.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:12 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was looking at my grandpa's 01 yesterday and above the radiator next to the other stickers hea has one that says reprogram for spark knock.....thats it isnt it?

Old 11-21-2008, 01:39 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man someone take a picture already so we all, including me, don't keep wondering! lol

I know I need to know this because that will determine if I get a flashpaq or tb replacement first.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just get the flashpaq and post and polish your own tb

Old 11-21-2008, 04:39 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
i was looking at my grandpa's 01 yesterday and above the radiator next to the other stickers hea has one that says reprogram for spark knock.....thats it isnt it?
Take a picture.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
That is it...the spark knock was the main reason for the pcm updates. A lot of people don't have that sticker, just one on the pcm that says something about "update". There used to be a pic of one on here somewhere. Has anyone searched it?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:10 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram2K1
That is it...the spark knock was the main reason for the pcm updates. A lot of people don't have that sticker, just one on the pcm that says something about "update". There used to be a pic of one on here somewhere. Has anyone searched it?

Yes, there is a pick on here somewhere. It's in a thread about the same thing obviously,but on the other hand, that pic(wherever it is) is NOT the same thing they will all say. But as far as I know, if there is a sticker and it says "update" on it, You got the death flash. For istance, if you went to the dealer today and they flashed it for ANY other reason, it will still include that part of the flash.

Last edited by zman17; 11-21-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not necessarily. I have had my PCM flashed twice at the dealership for tire size changes/speedo recalibration, and they only go in and modify that one particular setting. It is not like they reinstall the entire PCM programming. So just because you have a sticker doesn't mean you have the death flash. Any other PCM parameter could have been touched without giving you the DF. If your sticker has a part number on it (the DF's I have seen did), you can call the dealership and they can look that number up and tell you what it was a flash for. If it was for pinging or spark knock, then you have the DF. if it was for something else, then not necessarily.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:23 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silver....why you got to make our life hard? SOMEONE TAKE A PIC PLS!!! I will check this weekend!

Old 11-22-2008, 05:43 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
Not necessarily. I have had my PCM flashed twice at the dealership for tire size changes/speedo recalibration, and they only go in and modify that one particular setting. It is not like they reinstall the entire PCM programming. So just because you have a sticker doesn't mean you have the death flash. Any other PCM parameter could have been touched without giving you the DF. If your sticker has a part number on it (the DF's I have seen did), you can call the dealership and they can look that number up and tell you what it was a flash for. If it was for pinging or spark knock, then you have the DF. if it was for something else, then not necessarily.

That's because you went in there and asked just for that. The problem is, the average Joe goes in for any number of reasons and most of the time they will update the flash first to see if it eliminates what ever the prob maybe, before they spend time properly trouble shooting it.

Quick Reply: is this the death flash sticker?