2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Eelbrock intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
vmann
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pcfixerpro can you take a picture of it and send it to me? would be appreciated. and is your round setup better than the stock? im thinking about just dropping a K&N panel filter into my stock and just let it be.

Last edited by vmann; 11-15-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:57 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by vmann
pcfixerpro can you take a picture of it and send it to me? would be appreciated. and is your round setup better than the stock? im thinking about just dropping a K&N panel filter into my stock and just let it be.
Haha... well i'd love to but I won't be home to see my truck for another few days, plus I don't own a digital camera. If you can hold out for another week i'll get my buddy to take some pic's after we get the headers in.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:16 AM
vmann
Veteran

alright sounds good. what about the performance?

Old 11-16-2008, 11:45 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I swap between stock setup (summer time) to the open air cleaner (winter time). Depending on how hot the headers get, I may swap to full time stock box. I don't know if there is any difference per say.... Just makes some cool sound in the winter time. My truck's gas gauge is messed up so I can't give you mpg info.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 PM
vmann
Veteran

power gains at all? im really feeling just dropping in a K&N filter to my stock box

Old 11-17-2008, 06:56 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by vmann
power gains at all? im really feeling just dropping in a K&N filter to my stock box
Well I can't tell you if there really was a power gain or not. I could tell you what the but dyno says... but in the real world that doesn't really mean much. If there was a difference, it isn't anything spactacular let me put it that way. Your probably better off getting a drop in filter and call it a day. I assume that most of the people do it for looks.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:05 PM
vmann
Veteran

of course... it looks frekin ballin lol. i guess ill just go for a K&N filter. id rather not spend 30 bucks for the round assembly and another 70 for the K&N filter for it.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:22 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
I got the Mr. Gasket 1480 or 1408 (One of those numbers.) Comes with the pcv neck too so you dont need to buy an extra breather as pictured in hometheatermans pic. Just attach the airbox end hose to the pcv neck on the bottom lid and your good to go. Buy the kit, and the 2.5" x 14" K&N filter for it, and your all set. I actually don't run a K&N because it flows fine with a regular one. Keeps the cost down too.
Mine came with a piece to hook that hose into the air filter on the bottom too however, I just taped up those holes and used a breather due to the fact I couldn't get it to stay in and liked how the breather looked way more.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:24 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by kowboydmac
what wires are those? msd?
Yes they are MSD 8.5mm wires. I needed to replace the wireloom and didn't have black but had some blue left over from a Honda project so I just used it.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:26 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by Viper37
How is that setup working for you? I've had horrible results with the 14x3. (Using 3 different filters.)
Seems to work okay. Honestly though I can't really notice much if any difference between it and stock. However, I've never seen a difference on anything by changing the air filter other than sound. I have a K&N CAI well SRI on the older Accord I didn't put the whole CAI on as I was afraid of water getting in it with it that low. Then I have this on the truck and a drop in K&N on the newer Accord. I've never noticed much of a difference.

I don't like how this sucks soo loudly but I do like how it looks. That's why I run it. Might have helped a tad bit but not much of a difference when it comes to feeling it.

Quick Reply: Eelbrock intake