2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

front end vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 09:23 PM
vlsun
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end vibration

the truck feels like it's going to fall apart when going over bumps. it all started from the passenger side about a month ago, you could feel the vibration on the floor of the cabin going over rough pavement. i went off roading a few times but it should have been able to handle some abuse. any idea what the problem might be? do i just need new shocks or something (currently 71k miles)? i really hope it's something minor because i just had to change the clutch recently.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:54 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: front end vibration

yes, sounds like it could be death wobble... take it to an alignment shop and have them put in as much caster as possible in the front end and it should help out alot. if your tracbar is loose and control arm bushings are worn, & tie rod ends worn, these can all contribute to your problem... but caster will help prevent the DW outbreak over bumps...

Quick Reply: front end vibration