2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transgo video

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:06 PM
bmet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo video

I downloaded the transgo video last night for the dodge transmission and it was helpfull in describing how to remove and replace the valve body but when it came to installing the shift kit it skipped from disassembly to putting the valve body back into the transmission. Does anybody have the complete video for downloading. I would like to see what I'm getting myself into before purchasing. I want to put the kit in after the holidays.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:04 PM
rlippy

I wish i could help ya! I am also interested this, Ill let ya know if i find anything.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:56 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

the video, and the directions that come with it, are crap.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:54 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gil never was the great with directions. Even for me they can be a PITA.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:16 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered the Transgo shift kit and video 2 years ago.

When I read the included directions, I was thoroughly confused. They aren't linear, they read like somebody cut each step and diagram out and tried to puzzle piece it together on the page, and they are filled with a bunch of ridiculous phrases, like "now listen, up" and "pay attention." I don't need that crap in the way.

When I watched the video, I promptly boxed everything up and sent it back to Summit. The outside of the box claimed all modifications could be made with simple hand tools. In the video, they're using drill presses, grinders, etc. It's hosed.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
I ordered the Transgo shift kit and video 2 years ago.

When I read the included directions, I was thoroughly confused. They aren't linear, they read like somebody cut each step and diagram out and tried to puzzle piece it together on the page, and they are filled with a bunch of ridiculous phrases, like "now listen, up" and "pay attention." I don't need that crap in the way.

When I watched the video, I promptly boxed everything up and sent it back to Summit. The outside of the box claimed all modifications could be made with simple hand tools. In the video, they're using drill presses, grinders, etc. It's hosed.
:lmao: Yeah its fun to read through his kits. He has a lot of good stuff. He has fixes and upgrades for stock units, i used to use a lot of his stuff until i found sonnax. For high performance, nothing beats his transgo stuff though. I like the little caricatures of Gil they have in the different kits!

Old 11-30-2008, 10:01 AM
bmet

OK, everybody seems to agree that transgos instructions suck, so how is the tech support, anybody ever call during an install and have them walk you through a tough spot. I see a lot of good write ups on the transgo as an upgrade after it's in but I want to put it in myself, it's just they leave a lot out of their video maybe on purpose. I guess I need to give transgo a call before buying and installing. I would like to hear from someone who has actually put one in and what problems you had and how you resolved them, how long did it take from start to finish. I'm going to drop the valve body anyway to open up the hole in the pressure modulator cover and put new tcc and od solenoids in so I might as well put in a shift kit.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:43 AM
MonteC
Record Breaker

what exactly do you need help with?

Old 11-30-2008, 01:46 PM
bmet

I don't need help, I just want to know about the video. Also I would like to know that if I do have problems I will have someplace to get answers. when I downloaded the video I thought it would show how the kit is installed, to include springs innstalled, holes drilled and what is involved in the installation. As I said all I got was how to remove the valve body, take it apart. At that point the video went directly to where the valve body was already back together and was being reinstalled into the transmission. Half the video seems to be missing. I would like to know if anybody has downloaded the video for the Dodge and if it was complete. Should I try another download.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

At that point you should go to the written directions and follow them.

Quick Reply: Transgo video