2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

factory installs

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:44 PM
encorejc35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory installs

hey guys, just got a new truck and wondering a couple questions about it, it is a 95 ram, 2500, 4x4, 8800 gvw, do i have dana 60s on both front and back?, what are their normal gear ratios? what tranny did mine come with? lastly, about how long does it take to replace a plenum gasket and whats a good way to find out if its leaking? im losing oil from somewhere on the top of the motor, thanks alot

Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i know on my truck on the under side of the hood, like right by the dodge emblem but on the inside if that makes sence, has a sticker. it will tell you what axles you have, what trans you have and the first two didgets of the gears.. like mine says 3.5, i can put it together and know my truck has the 3.55 gears, but that gasket. i have no idea

Old 11-30-2008, 12:31 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

to see if you need to replace the gasket. remove the air box, open the throttle body flaps and look down into the intake. If theres pools of oil in there the gasket is shot. If thats all your doing it shouldn't take long. Get a huges plenum pan kit and some new intake bolts. You have to remove the accesory brackets pull the intake off and have at the new gasket and throw it back together. I would say a day or 2 for your first time. If you look at the DIY thread theres a full write up

Quick Reply: factory installs