2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

passenger power window problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:27 AM
NoBallZ59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger power window problems

alright so i was having issues with my drivers side window, but my passenger window worked perfect. fixed my drivers window and now my passenger one wont work with the drivers controlls, but will work with the passenger controlls. WTF is going on? i thought maybe the switch, replaced it still not working...broken wire? bad ground?

any ideas?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The driver's side switch is considered the master switch, the passenger is the slave.

My best guess is that one of the pins in the driver's side switch is not making good contact. Pull the driver's switch again and check the pins for corrosion, clean them with CRC electric parts cleaner if they are corroded. Dab some dielectric grease into the female end (the harness) and gently bend the prongs on the male ends in the switch module to make sure that they make good contact with the harness receivers when it's reassembled. Also check the wires at the end of the harness to make sure they are solidly connected in the harness.

It it isn't that, you have a shorting wire somewhere in the system. You'll have to trace the lines around to find it, which sucks.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:05 AM
NoBallZ59

im gunna say its probably a shorting wire somewhere since i tried replacing the switch completely with another one and still had the same result. ill dig more into it and see what i come up with, but it just sucks that i have power windows and still have to reach accross to the passenger side to put the window down!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Bloodknight80
Rookie

I have this same frustrating problem. I was gonna post and ask about it but since you already did I guess I don't have to.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:54 PM
NoBallZ59

Originally Posted by Bloodknight80
I have this same frustrating problem. I was gonna post and ask about it but since you already did I guess I don't have to.
well hopefully somehow together we can fix this problem and live happily ever after

Quick Reply: passenger power window problems