2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm not a tow truck.. but I can pull you out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:07 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Kindschi
Im gonna get some pics today off my Hook. And pics on how to put it in frame, looks like there is alot of interest in this and I want to help out anyone on here whos interested.
where these pics at????

Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Kindschi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used my boss's camera and he left with it. I had new windows put in my house yesterday and was not able ot get up to the shop and get the camera, hoping to have them today. Sorry for delay.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its kool so how about that sticker???

Old 12-11-2008, 01:41 PM
tazman6789
Veteran

ive never damaged the persons car just mine, was trying to get my buddies F**ker Only Runs Down hill out of a ditch and ended up dragging him 50ft along the ditch, so we tried using a *** along, that broke, so tried my truck again and his chains snapped in half and wipped back and got my tailgate and freshly painted bumper, we laughed said nobodys hurt call it quits. Tow truck came the next day to get him tow driver had NO idea what he was doing, put the boom all the way up so the cable was at like a 45 degree angle to the truck. and had my buddy in the truck trying to move the truck in reverse while he pulled, and the cable slipped off almost tore his rear bumper off and then bent the rear fender under. then the truck driver claimed it was my friends fault for being in the truck even tho the driver told him to be there and he didnt listen to the drivers instructions. Company paid for nothing, when my friend called the company to say wtf they said "the owners not here right now but sense ur complaining were gonna raise ur bill from 60 to 160", my buddy laughed and said ok see u in court, they said "well we wont charge u for the tow dont take us to court, so then my buddies insurance went after the company and took them to court. They never gave my buddy an update on the case tho

Last edited by tazman6789; 12-11-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where I'm originally from in East TN, anytime it snows, you see the big 4x4s rolling around everywhere...they just ride around and look for people who are stuck and pull them out. When I was stationed in UT, I pulled a few people out who were stuck in their driveways on base...

Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

Heres a few pics, there not the best since I was useing a flashlight and my cell phone (boss misplaced him camera with good pics.

Also: You can buy heavy duty straps with all these types of Hooks on the end, incase you dont want to risk a chain snapping and causing damage to you or your car. I dont know prices as every strap as a different price for different lengths in strap and there are different straps rated at different lbs of pressure. I would stop by your local tow yard for prices, most have tons of magazines from all diff suppliers with tons of different options.

First, J hook, and my T Hook/Frame Tab (My T hook and Frame tab are connected and are one piece, you can get either or, there not always together.

Name:  IMAGE_021.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  68.0 KB

This pic shows use the J hook and go under the Rear end, make sure you dont cover any brakes lines. You can see the Brake line wraps over the rear end, if you use the hook and keep the pressure pulling away from the brake line that wraps over the rear end you wont come in contact with it. Use good judgement when placing the hook, if your gonna be pulling from the opp side then move the hook over.

Name:  IMAGE_025.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  38.1 KB

This Pic Shows 2 Different Notch;s in the Frame for both T hook and Frame Tabs (A Frame tab will almost always work where a T hook can, depending on the angle in which you are going to apply pressure).

Name:  IMAGE_02833.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  37.1 KB

This Pic Shows when you turn the T hook and insert in hole then rotate 90* is wont fall out.

Name:  IMAGE_030.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  21.4 KB

And this pic shows when you Insert the Frame tab into the Hole that pressure will hold it, you would have to lose all presure on the Frame tab for it to fall out.

Name:  IMAGE_031.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  27.9 KB

I hope you found some of these pictures and information usefull. And remember the best advise if to use common sense and be safe, dont hook if you dont know if it will hold up to the pressure of getting yanked and dont put yourself or others at risk.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:43 PM
bulletperformance
Professional

We just had a total of 22 inches dumped in 4 days. so a few days ago after the last big snow i called in to work :cough cough sick cough cough: i grabbed my 5/8" chain my strap and rope i drove around town and down the hiways looking for someone i found 10 people on the highway ditched i offered to pull them out about 80% had said they called a town truck i told them thats going to be $80.00 to be yanked out so i offered for free and every one of them paid me at least $20. i know it would be $80.00 because i used to work for the local tow company. driving around town i had pulled out my mom my wife my vet and my dr. CRAZY well my wife and mom called me. i just this morn pulled my boss out of the ditch off the railroad tracks and my tires arent very good at all. one thing is tho i know from hearing from other people i WILL NOT hook end end of a strap chain or rope up to any vehicle but mine. a guy was doing the nice like me and he hooked it wrong and totaled a car by ripping the back end off kind of like the vid. ill tell them a safe solid place but ill never do it because then they can nail you and you insurance will go sky high.

Quick Reply: I'm not a tow truck.. but I can pull you out!