2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

will it fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 09:14 AM
seewalking
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will it fit

Does anyone know if the radio/in dash 4 cd changer from a dodge stratus/ sebring will fit the 97 ram. I already know the plugs on the back are the same but dont know if it will slide in with out cutting . Has anyone ever changed these out? Do they work good? want to keep factory look and i already know they dont put out as much power, but lets get real im 49,and have out grown the loud music years ago.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 PM
APA228
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think so since I could not do it for a '96.
I did put in a 6 cd changer unit and mounted it under the center seat section, the head unit fits in fine and there is an extension cable that connects it to the remote mounted changer. I ran the cable under the floor mat to the underseat location. The unit from a Sebring works also but the cable is short and you need an extension for it to work. Keep watching ebay, they run from $50 - $175.