2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Outer Short Stub?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:05 AM
punkrguy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outer Short Stub?

Alright guys after looking for the past day online and searching threads i cant find what im looking for (and if i missed it on here im sorry). My brother (5.9l '01 1500 4x4) snapped an outer short stub on his front passenger side. Dana 44 33 spline, Anyone have a good website for anything like this? I cant find anything on any of the mopar sites, ebay has one but he doesnt have a spline count listed (waiting to hear back from him), and everything else ive found comes in a complete set with ujoint, outer stub, and intermediate shaft (which he doesnt need). Any and all direction/help to any websites would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-11-2008, 08:34 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

All the stub shafts I have ever found (by themselves) were as much or more money than both the in/outer assembled with joints. Good luck. If you find anything let us (me) know. Some junkyards have them in my area, but they are expensive.

Tell you're bro to let off the throttle and put it in 2 wheel next time the joint breaks BEFORE he disintegrates the shaft, MUCH cheaper.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:45 AM
punkrguy
Professional

Already gave him a hard time about it

Old 12-11-2008, 09:22 AM
punkrguy
Professional

For those that need a visual of what im talking about. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...Q5fAccessories
(and yes i know this is exactly what im looking for but i dont know the spline count on it yet).
Any websites guys? Its my brothers only vehicle and he needs it. Thanks guys.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:30 AM
punkrguy
Professional

Never mind guys, he found one at a local mom and pop shop there in his home town. If anyone still knows of a website or any place to get these post it here so others can find it. I know there has been a few people i know looking for these parts in the past couple years and had a hard time finding them so im sure there are others out there that need the help.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:32 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Quick Reply: Outer Short Stub?