2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

m1 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PurplDodge, your logic is faulty, and comes up short, and I'll explain why:

Firstly, I did not pay $4,000 for the transmission. The transmission cost $2,600. The bill was $4,000 after installation, deep dish pan, heavy duty cooler, and pinion seal/transfer case seal repairs.

Secondly, would you like to pay the bill to have my lawyer bring this to court? Yes, I am **** out of luck for running into N.E Transmission in the first place, however, I was very fortunate that I found a lawyer who hussled this shop into taking their POS unit out of my truck and installing a stock transmission.

Thirdly, now why do you guys suppose I am having them install a stock transmission? Can you think it out? Perhaps I've already pondered about the idea that they may screw me over again and install **** into my truck. Only this time, there will be no gray areas that can be blamed for poor performance....HENCE the removal of the lift, big tires, and "heavy duty" unit. The truck stands stock, therefore there are no variables to blame a poor shifting transmission, this is a bad idea??

Lastly, if N.E Transmission installs this new unit, and it has problems....you can bet your *** that I will be speaking with my lawyer again. N.E Transmission is being watched right now, my lawyer has his sites on them, they know if they mess this up, I will bring this to the next level. This was a ****ty situation I got stuck into, but I've made the best of it. And quite frankly, I don't appreciate you, or anybody else coming onto my threads and trying to question my integrity. It's easy and flashy to hop onto your computer far away from this real life circumstance and accuse somebody for being a ***** and not taking N.E took court, but one realistically put themselves in this situation, they could see it's expensive to go to court, and sometimes not the smartest alternative, especially if you can still get some movement without spending too much money. Now unless you would like to send me $600 for my lawyer to take this to court, then I'd shut your mouth.

Last edited by 05DodgeRamHemi; 12-18-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:18 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 01DodgeRam360
Thirdly, now why do you guys suppose I am having them install a stock transmission? Can you think it out? Perhaps I've already pondered about the idea that they may screw me over again and install **** into my truck. Only this time, there will be no gray areas that can be blamed for poor performance....HENCE the removal of the lift, big tires, and "heavy duty" unit. The truck stands stock, therefore there are no variables to blame a poor shifting transmission, this is a bad idea??
They can blame any variables they want. They can say you were hot-rodding it, they can say you were doing off-roading, they can claim whatever they want.

Lastly, if N.E Transmission installs this new unit, and it has problems....you can bet your *** that I will be speaking with my lawyer again. N.E Transmission is being watched right now, my lawyer has his sites on them, they know if they mess this up, I will bring this to the next level.
I still don't know why you think because you went to a lawyer that the shop will be shaking in their boots. They won't give a sh*t. They will do a crap, quick job just to try to get rid of you and your super-duper lawyer. They have money too, man, enough to pay a lawyer enough to fight you, might even be cheaper than a couple of new transmissions for your truck.

This was a ****ty situation I got stuck into, but I've made the best of it. And quite frankly, I don't appreciate you, or anybody else coming onto my threads and trying to question my integrity. It's easy and flashy to hop onto your computer far away from this real life circumstance and accuse somebody for being a ***** and not taking N.E took court, but one realistically put themselves in this situation, they could see it's expensive to go to court, and sometimes not the smartest alternative, especially if you can still get some movement without spending too much money. Now unless you would like to send me $600 for my lawyer to take this to court, then I'd shut your mouth.
First, I never questioned your integrity. Others did, but not me. Your decision, yeah, I did that, trying to give you some constructive criticism. You didn't necessarily have to take them to court, just step it up, have your lawyer push for more rather than accept the first sh*tty deal they push across the table.

I have a lawyer fighting a year-dragged-out lawsuit right now over a previous accident I caused four years ago. I'm not footing the bill, my insurance company is, but I've seen most of the numbers. I know how expensive the process is. Do you want to spend $600 to get your $2600 back, or $200 (or whatever it is) for another crap tranny and another series of months of crap to deal with? And then spend more money later for other crap, and then finally after you've lost more $2600 in the whole process, finally get it or part of it back? Or worse, never get anything out of it and end up getting rid of the truck?

I can take a lot of sh*t thrown at me, but telling me to shut up is a major button push for me. I'm done trying to help you, never again.

Good luck with your truck. You're going to need it.

Last edited by jasonw; 12-18-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:14 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Jason, I was directing the "shutup" to "PurplDodge"....not you. Although I disagree with your argument, I always encourage your opinion...unlike Purpldodge, your thoughts are usually articulate...

What makes you think the lawyer doesn't make them upset? Before I hired the lawyer, I could hardly get them to adjust their ****ty transmission, and was booted out of their shop. Now, three months later, I have gotten them to remove their unit, return me $250, keep my 3 year/70,000 mile warranty, and eliminate their $600 bill. Clearly the lawyer has worked. Also, what makes anybody here think we won't sue them if they mess this up. As of now, I have 2 years and 3 months remaining on my warranty; I'm going to know if the transmission is crap or not within that time period. If we go to court, all facts will bow well with me. It's not like we were just in it for the money, I genuinely wanted a functioning transmission. To fully ensure we received this, I went above and beyond to meet the standards of a stock dodge ram, and even had a stock transmission installed. It's abundantly clear I tried my best to accomodate for any variables that would cause a malfunction in a transmission. Be assured; there will be no "hot rodding" with this stock 46re.

I understand that ignorant people like PurplDodge most likely anticipate and crave for me to respond on an ignorant basis such as they do, but I'm not waisting my time talking to people that can't put money with their mouth it. As I said before, if you want to send me the money, go for it; THEN, you can act like your in my situation. If anybody would like to insinuate I'm a pansy or that I'm negligent in my thinking, have at it, but anybody in the business could see the value in what I have accomplished. It's a good first step. If it doesn't work out, I don't know where I've insinuated I wouldn't take further action...

Old 12-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01DodgeRam360
......Only this time, there will be no gray areas that can be blamed for poor performance....HENCE the removal of the lift, big tires, and "heavy duty" unit. The truck stands stock, therefore there are no variables to blame a poor shifting transmission, this is a bad idea??
I agree with this logic, but unfortunately your not there yet. Anything other then the tire size that is listed on the door frame sticker is going to be considered non stock, and can easilly be blamed for any future transmission failures (escpecially since you are bigger then stock right now). You may think the 285's look stock to you, but check your door frame sticker for what your truck is supposed to have on it. It might seem close enough to you, but when money and lawyers are involved, that is the kind of detail that might not work out in your favor.

As for the M1, I think you made a good trade (though obviously completely unresearched). You should be able to sell that M1 for more then you could the fender flairs though, which is what I think you should do. I wouldn't install it if I were you.

Whats the P/N on it?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:00 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta be careful cause im sure the trans shop is watching you closely , start by getting rid of the youtube videos... as the M1 sell it , unless you want to be driving on the top end all day.. give ya an idea what i did to my chevy , exhaust ..thats it.. with the 265/75/16 tires and at 65 mph im pulling 2100 rpm , should give ya the gears thats in it , plus im getting 17 city 21 hwy.. but dude you gotta do some research , and figure out what you are building or trying to build... you should do what silver did to his stocker intake.. But 1st and for most get the problem of the trans fixed before anything else...

Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get say forget that M1...just rock your kegger and fender flares with your bad self. I've read on here that a Hughes plenum fix will never go bad, so I'd just do that if you need to... Or you could get the M1 and find you a straight 360 block and start building a monster engine for future use. You just gotta take everyone's opinion with a grain of salt, man. They're like buttholes...everyone has one and most of them stink. Do what makes you happy.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:39 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not here to fight or say to do 1 thing or another. You say your truck is "stock". You have headers and K&N its technically not stock. The could say look his truck has performance mods. Why have performance mods and not drive to use them.

I wish ya luck with it all but just wanted to throw that out there for you to think about

Old 12-18-2008, 02:59 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

All of you make very valid points, and I appreciate the genuineness. I will be watching this transmission situation closely, if it starts to act up suspiciously, I am not wasting my time going back there.

BlueBeast, that is a good point. However, all of that was installed before I had my lift taken off. After the transmission wasn't working out, and the lift and tires were removed, the hot rodding dream was forgotten.

Unfortunately, my truck is no longer about performance;it's strictly about getting it on the road so I have a daily driver. I will delete any youtube videos as well.

Thanks guys for the tips and heads up, I will update you as this goes on.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:04 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you could always beef up the 46re tranny too when you get it on, i have 127xxx on my stock 46re knock on wood .

Old 12-18-2008, 05:15 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine has 147,000 on it with no probs, yet! LOL Knock on wood also!

But, it is an OEM tranny, not a rebuilt stock tranny! Which is what they are going to install. I highly doubt they are getting a new or rebuilt for that matter from Chrysler. And since it seams they can't even figure out how to adjust the TV cable . We'll be back to square one the day he picks it up.

Quick Reply: m1 Intake