2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Blizzard + No reverse = AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:56 AM
ophidia
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Judging by the look of the gearbox on the snowblower, the housing was broken when I bought it. I didn't even think to look at that. Good thing it was only 80 bucks and I've already found a used part. I was just a snowblowin' away.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:22 PM
ophidia
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, anyway, the shop finally tore into my tranny yesterday. He said that the support was worn through, and the whole cylinder was burnt for reverse and the forward gears. He was surprised I was able to drive it to the shop. The rebuild will be done Monday and I've learned a valuable lesson re. capabilities of a 4WD truck (as it's my first) and learned how to completely destroy an automatic transmission in a short period of time.

Such is life. At least the warranty covers it, and, if I'm good to it, it'll last me until it's time to trade the truck off.

Quick Reply: Blizzard + No reverse = AWESOME