2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering stabalizer fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:18 PM
wkeiter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering stabalizer fix?

I just got back from the local off-road garage and the diagnosed my front end looseness as being the stock steering stabalizer. I have been wanting to swap this out for some time anyway. I did check the track bar and there doesn't appear to be any movement in it when I sawed the wheel back and forth. I'm going in for an alignment after I get the stabalizer on as well, have them max out my caster. Hope this cures the problem. How many miles should I get out of my RS 9000 shocks? And does anyone know the best place to order replacement bushings for the front end suspension?

[IMG]local://upfiles/11278/8F2E42D6DFD24E1EA4213CDAEC1DAAE1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-14-2005, 05:32 PM
doziersdodge
Professional
Default RE: Steering stabalizer fix?

Go with Energy Suspension bushings. These are nice and they are sold as kits or individual components. Do a web search or try Summit. Done business with them and they are awesome. As far as the shocks go...change them when you have the money or when ever. They are quoted to last a lifetime but don't believe everything you hear. I have had Skyjacker and Pro-Comp on my truck. I liked them both. Watch that track bar...my ball joint end when bad with no notice of play and I had the dreaded death wobble. Used a Luke's Link to rebuild it.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Snafu

The Rancho's are lifetime warrantee. Just take them in and have them exchanged whenever you think they're worn out. I've been thru 4 or 5 sets of RS5000's in my Blazer. This post reminded me, I was going to order a dual RS5000 stabalizer kit for my Ram, and I completely forgot. I've been running without a stabalizer at all for about 3 months now...

Old 02-15-2005, 02:10 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

I have the energy suspension control arm bushing kit and think it was a major contributor to solving the DW that I used to have. I also maxed out my caster which should have helped some as well. My front end feels pretty good right now except for the loose tracbar. BTW, I have a lifetime warranty Moog bar on there that lasted a mear 4 months... DT here I come...

Quick Reply: Steering stabalizer fix?