2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just bought a 2000 1500, with a 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:10 AM
sungod
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the post, but what did the car dealer say?

Old 12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he said stick it in your ear... And now, He lied to the Atty General, saying he was never notified of any issues, and had no knowledge of his lot selling me a warranty after the sale, so he refunded my money for the warranty, so I got that much back, but still stuck with the truck, and out the $2200.. So, now I can either try to pursue it in court, or I can cut my losses, and either sell the truck, or fix it.. I wonder what the rebuild kits would cost for motor and tranny... I could just do it myself.. I've rebuilt enough engines in the past, never doen a tranny, but auto's are easy from what I hear..

JimK

Old 12-18-2008, 05:02 PM
pro tech
Rookie
Question Why?????

Damn....dude...they saw you coming.....not once, but twice!!

Screwed you on the truck...and now screwed you on the warranty.

I don't get it......

Why in the hell did you take your money back for the warranty instead of making them honor it, and fix your truck?? That is the whole point of buying a warranty, is it not??

I would have shoved that truck up their a$$ sideways until they fixed it, if I paid for a freakin' warranty. Not just taken a refund and be stuck with a pile of scrap metal.

How much did you pay for the warranty??.....probably a hell of alot less than what it's going to cost to get that thing back on the road......yep, that dealer is laughing his a$$ off all the way to the bank.

Oh well.....good luck with your new project. :0

Old 12-18-2008, 05:17 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

well, The Atty General made them refund the money for the warranty, because the warranty was illegally sold. And was a 3rd party warranty, not affiliated with the lot. The lot lied to me about the whole thing. Yeah, they got me good. So now I just need to decide how I want to proceed... I may just fix the truck, and drive it till it falls apart.. It's so clean and solid, it will make a nice truck.. Just a heck of an expensive rolling chassis.. hahaha

Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So the motor has oil pressure when you start it , but now it's knocking?

Old 12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

no, the tranny shop said it was knocking, I haven't heard it. But the check gauges light is on, and no oil pressure on the gauge.. I haven't started it since it happened. I might just to see what I can hear.. I just don't want to do any more damage than I have to. I got to thinking, it could not be hurt too bad.. It happened when the tranny blew, the rpms jumped, and then the gauge went to 0...

Dunno.. Might just be the rear main or soemthing simple..

JimK

Old 12-19-2008, 04:42 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Reason I was asking was because it could be the same thing that happened to VMANN, but I see you already saw that thread.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:06 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like a west side dealer. correct me if i am wrong. worked in columbus area for 10+ years. very sorry about your misfortune.

there are some good salvage yards around there though. if you decide to go that way.

i live a little south of zanesville. hick town called crooksville.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:54 AM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

Yeah, I know where that is... I think that's where the owner of this lot came from, crooksville.. hahahaha... ok ok... sorry, couldn't help it....

Anyway, I think I am going to fix it.. I like the look and everything, so I will try to figure out what I can get, what I can afford, it will be next month before I can afford to fix it though.. sigh...

JimK

Old 12-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somebody in the for sale forum has a 2001 model 360 with 96K miles for sale...even has a new plenum, ported intake manifold and harness for $650. You can pick up a tranny rebuild kit for a decent price. I found one online with a stage 2 shift kit included for around $500. Good luck.

Here's the link to the motor:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/parts-s...60-engine.html

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2000 1500, with a 5.9