2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

02 Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 12:03 PM
chet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Wiring Question

I think i have either A) Fried a wire going to the O2 sensor B)Fried whatever is that the other end I.e Fuse ?

Heres the story, i was hooking up my A/F gauge and was completly backwards and was trying to hook it up on the front sensor. Anyways two wires touched sparks flew and now my check engine light wont go off for the voltage being to high. I have replaced both sensors since then and it still does it, also sometimes my back one comes on with the heating element not working on both but then goes off after awhile so where is the control module thingy to turn the heating on ?

My question is where does the wiring harness go, is there a fuse ? How could i check for a fried wire ? What else could be wrong ?

Old 12-19-2008, 12:14 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Look for fuses in the PDC under the hood. Hopefully that's it. That's why you disconnect the battery when doing electrical. BTW, check all the fuses and relays, even the ones by the driver door.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
chet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k. the fuse was blown now to hook the gauge back up. If i could only remember where to hook it, someone once said by the fuse panel but i dont know which wire.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:19 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

OK! Now drive it around and run it to make sure everything is OK first. Then find the directions for the meter and hook it up correctly.

Quick Reply: 02 Wiring Question