2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CD player not reading

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:43 PM
sugarray
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player not reading

I have a 2001, 1500 with CD only. SLT laramie. 5.2 l with 3.55. My cd player will not read burned CDs and sometimes will not read new cd's. Has anyone had this issue and is there a fix, without buying a new player? There was a thread on here, but I can't find it now.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:26 PM
360magnumram
Professional

It would probably be because the stock cd player doesn't support the burned cds and the newer cds may be in a format that it cannot understand as well.

Honestly I would buy a new player....you can get them real cheap anyway and they support every kind of cd

good luck

Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 PM
vmann
Veteran

Originally Posted by 360magnumram
It would probably be because the stock cd player doesn't support the burned cds and the newer cds may be in a format that it cannot understand as well.

Honestly I would buy a new player....you can get them real cheap anyway and they support every kind of cd

good luck
Just buy a new one. Or take it out shake it up a bit and try it again lol. Mine does that sometimes and i just have to keep taking it out and putting it back in.

Quick Reply: CD player not reading