2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best Programer for my Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 02:59 AM
TexReb19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Programer for my Truck

Ok guys, I am currently looking into a programmer for my truck. I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.2. I have looked at Hypertechs and Superchips. I would probably go with the Mopar PCM but I don't think that it is out yet for the 01. Does anybody else have any other suggestions besides these two or any experience with either brand. I am going to be putting on Fastman TB and a High Flow Cat at around the same time as the programmer. Is any particular one better with the mods I already have as well as the future mods that I am planning? I am leaning towards the Superchips just so I can adjust the speedo with the oversize tires that I have. That has already cost me one ticket. Anyway thanks ahead of time for any input.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:06 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: Best Programer for my Truck

I have the Hypertech and love it... others have tried both the hypertech and superchips and prefer the superchips. I just dont have any experience with the superchips. I wouldn't go with the PCM if your gonna do any towing... the programmers can be switched back to stock pretty painlessly and i about 10 minutes...

The hypertech programmer wouldnt fix my speedo however... 4x4, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have a 52mm Fastman on there and love it as well.

Future mods... might consider the 1.7 roller rockers and a aluminum plenum pan...

Quick Reply: Best Programer for my Truck