2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Christmas Gift!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 02:58 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TIMIDONE
On the opposite site, if you don't have emission test...why have a cat? I don't see a reason.
You do have a point, there. I have one because I hate the smell that comes with no cat.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:53 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See I'm a sick sob...love the smell...love the smell of diesels also! AND I love pass that smell to people behind me! hehehe

Old 12-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Magnumpwr16
Veteran

hmm I guess no cat is an option but I live in New York and the truck would NEVER pass emissions so I guess I'll get the exhaust and muffler on first, see how it sounds, and if it needs a little more upgrade to the highflow magnaflow cat....Thanks again guys!

Old 12-27-2008, 09:46 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't forget that what ever you choose for a muffler now, if you do eventually change the cat to a high flow like Magnaflow, it is going to be quite a bit louder. I had a 40 on mine, but when I changed the cat to the MF, it was too loud for me , my neighbors and the cops. So I put a 50 series on and IMO it is perfect.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 AM
SmokeGrinder
Professional

like it was said it really depends on where you live...in NE PA I got pulled over with open headers and they didn't say i word about the exhaust...they thought i just came out of ripping up an apple orchard haha, and then they said sorry and drove away....your downstream O2 doesnt affect the A/F ratio so you would only sim if you get a CEL, i didn't...do what you like thats all

Old 12-27-2008, 01:09 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

please don't take the cats off... or gut them... It really is hard on people with lung disorders.. Like my wife, If we get behind someone who has a gutted or no cat, I literally have to pull off the road, and wait for them to be far enough away before I can go back on the road.. if I don't she can actually die from it.. She starts coughing, and loses conciousness.. no joke.. It's real bad... So, please keep those exhausts clean.. there really is a reason for it...

JimK

Old 12-27-2008, 01:36 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Originally Posted by JimkDaAdtman
please don't take the cats off... or gut them... It really is hard on people with lung disorders.. Like my wife, If we get behind someone who has a gutted or no cat, I literally have to pull off the road, and wait for them to be far enough away before I can go back on the road.. if I don't she can actually die from it.. She starts coughing, and loses conciousness.. no joke.. It's real bad... So, please keep those exhausts clean.. there really is a reason for it...

JimK
Wow never thought of that before...thank you for pointing this out.

Quick Reply: Christmas Gift!!!