2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pics of your head unit/stereo

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:20 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i had a great jvc(broken wow) it sounded better than the kenwood i have in now it i got the kenwood so i can play with a i-touch

it kenwood is just a cheap one
Name:  truckss188.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  113.2 KB
Name:  truckss195.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  40.9 KB
Name:  truckss192.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  33.0 KB

Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CSXfan
The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have bottons for radio presets. How do you switch radio stations with the unit you have?
You can use the remote, like Squirrels said, or you can push up and down on the circular *** on the head unit itself. That will cycle through your presets.

Its kind of neat... maybe I had just been out of the stereo stuff for to long, but there is an auto-preset feature on my Pioneer. It can automatically search for the most powerful eight (or however many) stations, and automatically makes them your presets. Worked out perfect for me... hard rock during the day, Bob and Tom on my way to work in the morning.

Only thing I don't like about it is that when I'm using the USB iPod input with my iPod Touch (you can control the iPod from the head unit), there is a slight delay from when I hit the control on the unit before it responds. Not much, but a half second or so.

Last edited by jasonw; 12-29-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:05 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vader
Metallica is still my fav and I'm older than most of the band members.
I like Metallica, but I was raised from the cradle with Led Zeppelin. They are my favorite.

Quick Reply: Pics of your head unit/stereo