2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Entire dash replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:38 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

96 won't swap into a 98, the dash is a different design, might have different mounting points for the dash, possibly things like the headlight switch, climate control panel, etc. not to mention you don't want to pull a hack job on the air bag system.

Call LMC truck and see if it can be done to be sure. They sell all the replacement parts for both styles of 2nd gen.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
96 won't swap into a 98, the dash is a different design, might have different mounting points for the dash, possibly things like the headlight switch, climate control panel, etc. not to mention you don't want to pull a hack job on the air bag system.

Call LMC truck and see if it can be done to be sure. They sell all the replacement parts for both styles of 2nd gen.
Ya, thay are different, forgot about that. I would guess a lot of the electrical would be different between those years too, so getting everything to work in the new dash would probably be difficult.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
I was just talking about the dash itself, now I see he said panel too. So , Silver is right about that. But back to the dash, the vin tag is riveted to the dash! At least it is on my 98.
Just to clear the record, removing and reinstalling a VIN tag on a vehicle is NOT illegal if it is done for a legitimate purpose (i.e. body work, restoration)

Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
satcombinky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is not illegal if you state that the odometer is not correct do to replacement. and that does not constitute tampering. only if you willfully try to miss represent your mileage as long as you state it is not correct your fine

Quick Reply: Entire dash replacement