2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hey tranny guys need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
madman269
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey tranny guys need help

ok so the other day towing our trailer...pulling away from a stop sign starting up a slight grade..when the trans went from 2nd to drive the truck got a shutter to it...so we backed off the gas and shifted back into 2nd to go over the grade...we normally do this anyways when it gets steeper...after the grade on pretty much flat ground went back into drive and it didnt do it again.....ok so i know something is wrong..but we are good for now...so coming home from work tonight..pulled up to a stop went to take off and it would not shift right...1st revved to 4000..then hard shift to 2nd...then would not go into drive...had to manual it from 2nd to drive 4 times before it agreed to shift...now did some messing around...if i put it into neutral at a stop and then take off it shifts fine...if i dont put it in neutral it does the above...not shifting right...trans fluid is fine and about 10000 miles old....so are my worst fears here ..is it tranny time.....this is a serious one .....damn it.....ps my wife wants a ford....oh yeah i am so mad forgot 1996 5.9l

Last edited by madman269; 01-07-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Governor pressure solenoid and sensor.

Quick Reply: hey tranny guys need help