2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel seepage

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 PM
CaptCameltoe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel seepage

This one is a new one to me. After driving my 1996 2500 v10 ram around a half hour or so, when I stop there is fuel spitting from around the top ring area of the fuel pump. I then release the pressure from the tank by loosening the gas cap and venting it. The fuel seems to stop seeping out when the pressure is off, but what could the issue be here? Could this be a evap issue or has anyone else had this same problem before? Thanks

Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Kaldir
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be a worn out gasket for the fuel pump system. The pressure is pushing it out. Just guessing tho I haven't run in to this kind of problem before.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is very strange. How full is that tank? I've never had a problem with pressure build up like that even when going from 5000 to 12000 feet. Is it coming out from around the ring or from the top? If around the ring, then maybe just the seal but if out the top, there's a roll over valve up there and maybe it is leaking.

Quick Reply: Fuel seepage