2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

o2 simulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
bourret
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 simulator

I'm Just looking for some feedback on a o2 simulator for my 98 1500 i hear it gives you better fuel mileage and more power thanks.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.autotube.net/ I got one of these to rid myself of the CEL , really didn't notice any improvement in either

Old 01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bourret
I'm Just looking for some feedback on a o2 simulator for my 98 1500 i hear it gives you better fuel mileage and more power thanks.
no, it doesn't do those things.

the front (pre-cat) o2 sensor is needed by the computer to control the fuel/air mix, by sniffing the emissions. your truck probably won't run very well w/o the front 02 sensor. if it does run, it'll probably run a little rich, which is worse for mpg, but might be ok for power.

the 02 sim replaces the back (post-cat) o2 sensor in a setup that has no catalytic converter. the job of the second 02 is to sniff the exhaust and ensure that the post cat emissions are cleaner than the pre-cat emissions. the simulator provides a computer signal that says everything is hunky-dory. without this post-cat signal, the computer will set an annoying CEL. so why would you remove the cat - free-er flowing exhaust, avoid cost of replacing a bad one, dual exhausts, headers, etc...

sorry, there's really not anything that gives you more power and more mpg at the same time.

Quick Reply: o2 simulator