2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Windsheild Washer Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Kaldir
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windsheild Washer Wipers

Well, my windshield Washer Wipers don't return to home position. They do when I have on delay, but when I just have them running not on delay and I turn them off they stop where they are until I turn them to delay. The only thing I can think of is a new motor, because from what I heard the computer is in there. Any thoughts?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
sugarray
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mine too

Although, sporadic, mine do this as well. Any help on this topic greatly appreciated!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:45 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the park circuit is responsible for rotating the wipers down to their home position. its sort of mysterious to me how it works, but you've got 3 12v wires out at the motor. low speed, high speed, park, plus the ground. park should be hot whenever low or high is on.

if your intermitents are parking ok, but the low/high are not, i don't know what that means. here's some info. i'd start by testing for voltage at the motor. if the park circuit in the motor is bad, then the motor needs replacement. i'd think a junkyard wiper motor would be cheap.

if the voltage on the wires at the motor are not as they should be, then test/replace the multifunction switch on the column. its actually cheap, $42 at autozone.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...r-problem.html
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-switch-2.html

Last edited by dhvaughan; 01-06-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Windsheild Washer Wipers