2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

did 1.7 rollor rocker last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:53 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default did 1.7 rollor rocker last night

hey guys did the 1.7 harland sharps last night took, about 5 hours too do. and was freezing all night (below freezing) had to leave garage open becasue my truck wont fit all the way in. the install was easy,the valve cover however are the biggest pita. plastic pieces on some of the bolts ,ground wires connected to the one way in the back by the cap, couldent see crap. Took the longest time to take the valve covers off. it turned out well for really this being the 1st thing magor ive done myslef to the motor.

but i need your guys help, there were so many wires, and crap in the way the i snapped a wire thats made out of plastic thats on the passanger side,dunno what it is (see pic).anyone know ???

well all said and done 5 hours later, they were installed , had to crank engine once to get the rockers down to fit the cover back on (no biggy). fired it up, more loppy of a idle, and lots of power throttle responce is unbelieveable. notice the most of the power past 3000 rpms. but this mod is a bang for the buck, and easy to install. nobody was lying about these rocker, awesome mod to wake up the 5.2/and the 5.9. plus i think all the other mods i have done benifitted.

my next mod is the headers for more down low power

Last edited by lastrights; 02-18-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Rex-TheDOGG
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the vacuum line for your HVAC damper vacuum motors. Just remove the plastic line and rubber connectors and install standard rubber vacuum line in its place.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:25 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool.glad you got them on. when i talked to john mercedes he said the vave covers are just about the most difficult thing. guess you just proved it.

got mine yesterday.so i hope to get mine on by this weekend.

what is going to be your header choice? i was trying to decide between the pacesetters and the edel's. i finally decided on the edels, because they are ceramic coated inside and out.pacesetters are coated just on the outside. in all actuallity, i think the pacesetters might have a little getter gain after all the research i have done.(pipe size, lenght,collector size,and such.) and i am going with the shorties. i know not the best,(long tubes are better) but i want simple bolt up. donnt want to have to redue my whole exhaust.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:31 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Rex-TheDOGG
That is the vacuum line for your HVAC damper vacuum motors. Just remove the plastic line and rubber connectors and install standard rubber vacuum line in its place.
thanks is it going to do anything to my motor

Old 01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by talon6
cool.glad you got them on. when i talked to john mercedes he said the vave covers are just about the most difficult thing. guess you just proved it.

got mine yesterday.so i hope to get mine on by this weekend.

what is going to be your header choice? i was trying to decide between the pacesetters and the edel's. i finally decided on the edels, because they are ceramic coated inside and out.pacesetters are coated just on the outside. in all actuallity, i think the pacesetters might have a little getter gain after all the research i have done.(pipe size, lenght,collector size,and such.) and i am going with the shorties. i know not the best,(long tubes are better) but i want simple bolt up. donnt want to have to redue my whole exhaust.
headers im going with edlebroc cerimic coated shorties

Old 01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
trucklover
Veteran

Anyway you can put a sound clip or video on? I would like to hear what it sounds like.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It sure is one great mod isn't it? Told ya so, And as far as getting stuff out of the way, that is why I did this first Name:  DSCF0467.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  119.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0468.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  173.2 KB

Old 01-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Rex-TheDOGG
Captain

Originally Posted by lastrights
thanks is it going to do anything to my motor
No, not in the short run, but you need to take care of it ASAP. They sell vacuum hose at just about any parts house.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:01 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lastrights...pm

Old 01-06-2009, 03:16 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

i love the rockers

Last edited by lastrights; 01-06-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: messed up

Quick Reply: did 1.7 rollor rocker last night