2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pictures of the project

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009 | 05:27 PM
98cherryram
|
Record Breaker

Thanks guys, It is really red, the brake caliper paint is different, but the coding on the color was a match, I had to have the brake caliper specific paint for them. And yes, I am a kid, haha, but I love the truck and love advice on it to, I take constructive criticism well...I just dont like the plain insults that I sometimes see around. And the phone was laser engraved, my brother did it for me. And yeah, that 5spd is nice I really am glad that I got it, the transmission and the clutch held out for quite a long time, clutch was first replaced at 200k and the transmission is just starting to sound like it might need to be redone...we will see though, I will take it into the local aamco to get them to take a look at it and tell me if its alright or not and if not Ill start shoppin around. Anybody know of anywhere good to get the manual tranny instead of the 46re...I cant even remember what its called haha.

Old 01-09-2009 | 06:11 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

You and your brother did some nice work. As long as YOU LIKE IT, dont worry about the others and be happy/proud of what you have done

NV3500 is the manual tranny they put behind the 5.2.
Ive got PATC internals in my 46re (48re++/Ramzilla StgIV) PATC does lots of autos but not sure if they do manauls as well. APS & Dr Evil popular with Dodge trucks as well but dont see mention of either the nv3500 or nv4500. If you contact one/all of them Im sure they will steer you in the right direction. With the manual tranny being a bit rare in the Rams, maybe hard to find. Maybe others have a link n wiil chime in

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/
http://www.apsprecision.com/OEMTransmission.html
http://www.dreviltransmissions.com/home.html

Old 01-09-2009 | 06:47 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

why did you paint the caliper and not the bracket that holds it? Phone is cool is that an 8332?

Old 01-09-2009 | 07:56 PM
98cherryram
|
Record Breaker

Thanks Indy! And the caliper was just the part that comes off, I have to do a lot more disassembly to be able to paint the bracket and its really just not worth it since it really wont show behind the wheel you know what I mean?? as soon as everything is done I will pull it out and take one wheel off at a time and do some major degreasing of the axels and parts around the calipers and pressure washing to try to bring back some of the old black that it used to be. And yeah, I think thats the model of the phone

Im excited to get all of it finished, I might be able to finish tonight, when I do I will post up the rest of the pictures!

Old 01-09-2009 | 08:02 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Ah there's 2 bolts that hold it on there. Beings you had the caliper all the way off it would have made it so easy. Depending what rims you have you might not see the caliper either. I took the time to paint mine and you can't really see it unless your looking into the rims. Not dissing your work or nothing but just don't see why if you took the time to do that why not do it all.

Old 01-09-2009 | 09:45 PM
WTL
Professional

I just replaced the calipers, ball joints and shocks on my truck and did a lazy mans paint job as well. Just sprayed the calipers reali quick with rustoleum, we'll see how long it lasts- also sprayed the shocks - only to realize after I put the wheel on that I'm about the only person who will ever notice I have red shocks. Oh well. You did a better job than me, btw.

Old 01-09-2009 | 10:11 PM
98cherryram
|
Record Breaker

Thanks, I have put a lot of time into them though...I have been without my truck for a week now doing different things with it, driving a chevy aveo for the time being...embarassing haha, I feel like a bug when I drive between semi-trucks...

Old 01-09-2009 | 11:25 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

I painted my spindles while still attached, just had the calipers off. Only spot I couldnt get was behind the dust shields. I could see the crappy looking spindles through both my 17 & 22" five spoke rims so had to do them.
http://www.rm-indy.com/Installs/AR_Burn22_testfit.jpg

Old 01-09-2009 | 11:36 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

damn indy i never knew you you tore it down that far and went to that much detail. I'll have to take a look at your site for more pics

Old 01-10-2009 | 12:47 AM
Kindschi
Veteran

Looks awesome. What kinda paint you using? I wanted to paint my springs blue but was afraid the paint would crack and flake off with the movement of the spring.

Quick Reply: Pictures of the project