2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1999 DODGE RAM SPORT 5.9 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 04:57 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1999 DODGE RAM SPORT 5.9 4X4

Well I checked the intake-no leaks- pretty clean other than normal film...the intake sound im hearing is coming from the TB it was really loud when I fired it up without the airbox on..ok so my next thing to ask is will a different exhaust and will a cold air intake help with my fuel $ or is it all hype and if so point me in the right direction...I am planning a full tuneup this spring and i took a look at the stock exhaust and its not welded so replacing should be fairly simple...any idea on a good plug..I hear NGK and Bosch etc etc...lets hear some experiences with these plugs...any Dodge guru's who know their stuff feel free to point me in the right direction with a good setup but remember im not street racing just trying to improve fuel consumption because 7 miles to the gallon is just stupid if i had a V10-12 i could understand.

Quick Reply: 1999 DODGE RAM SPORT 5.9 4X4