2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ask this again

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009 | 10:41 AM
meanwhitemopar
|
Record Breaker

yes, that is what i am looking for. a good trans that will hold up when i start to get stuck and have to keep rpms up bit because i have waer up the rockers, and slam her in reverse, i am not going to bust the band again. because as you know the reverse in these rucks, are good for getting you unstuck when used at the right time. and it helps to put her inreverse at like 1500 or 2000 rpm and let her "slam" in gear and give the tires the jolt.

ok, well that was what i was thinking. but i know there are a fw good trans guys on here. when hey rebuild. they can put bigger stuff in there, like wider or thicker bands, better valve bodies? and the stock transfer is a good case right?

can anyone tell me anything about a stall converter. my dad says alot of like rock crawlers use them. and or what would be a good choice of converters would be good for my abuse. maybe help.... mayb a lock up? i dont know much about converters, just that it acts as the clutch for automatics b fluid pressre. thats about it