2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny Will Not Upshift

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:16 AM
gobbell1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Transguy37/MonteC,

I'm no stranger to working on engines, but never an auto-tranny. However, since the Ram is my 3rd vehicle and I'm not pressed for time, I'm thinking about rebuilding it myself (just for the challenge...and to save a few bucks).

If I had the 46RE manual could I rebuild it myself? Would you encourage or discourage me from doing this?

thx

Old 02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
transguy37
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not going to tell you to, but I think anybody can learn. If you had a good manuel, lik e an ATSG manuel, if you wanted to give it a shot, I say go for it. It's your vehicle. The only thing I would advise, is to take great caution in tearing the OD section apart. You will have to have a press, it has a 800 pound pressure spring in it. The spring coils I'm guessing are about a 1/2 inch or so in diameter. Just be very careful with that if you do.

Quick Reply: Tranny Will Not Upshift