2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical Problem I Created??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 01:52 AM
KMC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problem I Created??????

OK here we go, this is occurring in a 1999 Dodge Ram, 2 wheel drive, 5.2 Liter Ext. Cab, Ext. Bed. I first connected my fog lights to the right front parking light hot wire for the relay, so there were no amps going through this line except to trigger the relay. The light is operating incorrectly now. When I turn on my lights the left turn signal is on constantly and the blinker flickers very rapidly as if one of the lights were out. I know for a fact that both front and rear lights are in working order. Now the bottom filament is used for the blinker while the top filament is used for the parking lights. When I put the right blinker on, the parking filament lights up and blinks. Now when I push my horn the bottom filament for the blinker lights up with no horn. When I disconnect the horns, the light will not light up when I push the horn. When I arm the alarm the parking light will not light up unless I am playing with everything before I arm the alarm. Now the back parking light/blinker/break lights work fine. It’s just the front passenger Parking/Blinker light. I am completely out of any ideas to solve this problem. Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Kevin

Quick Reply: Electrical Problem I Created??????