2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Rockyhigh360
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toyo open country AT's hands down!!! Best value and tread life. Check out KORE performance for their price

Old 02-03-2009, 09:57 PM
madmax0r
Professional

Hey, I have 15k on these tires right now...

Nitto mudd grapplers 33/12.50/17

Old 02-03-2009, 10:42 PM
l_teddy10

I have the Nitto Terrain Grappler's or whatever. They're pretty good actually. I like them better than the BFG's. My best friend's grandpa has them on his ford and he says they wear down really slow. Better tread life then any tire he's had. And they weren't too bad in the mud either.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 PM
madmax0r
Professional

I have never gotten this truck stuck, and I have given it a generous effort. These are like If a bfg mud terrain had sex with some tsl boggers, these would be the kids..

Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 AM
sugarray
Rookie
Default Same boat as you

I am looking as well, but not until hunting in October. I have read reviews all over, especially the personal reviews on Tire Rack. I will go with the Firestone Destination AT. Great reviews, cheaper that BFGs and seem to go just as well. I had a set of BFG AT, that had 50,000 when I traded the truck and still were good, a lot of road noise, but do look good. I drive mainly on road, but when hunting do get into some slick situations with mud and snow.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 AM
01dabram20
Veteran

My truck had the BFG's all terrian on them when I bought my truck in 07. The tires were kind of worn though, but I got my truck stuck tons of times when i was going through mud. I notice I bought the truck in April and in August that there was almost no tread left on it. So they do wear fast. Try looking at some pro comp tires. I have the pro comp extreme mud terrian on my truck now and love them.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set of Pro Comp All Terrains and beat the tar out of them. I wheeled them on rocks and drove them on snow and ice. They were a great all terrain tire. I got 45k miles out of them even with all the cuts they had. They did not do very well in deep slush though. It was time for a new set of winter tires so I decided to try a different tire just for shiz and grinz. I got the Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are horrible. They ride like bricks. I can't believe how hard driving they are. They also do not have near the traction the Pro Comps had in any conditions. They are also crazy loud for an all terrain. They are much louder than my Interco Trxus mud terrains.
I live in Colorado so if your climate and terrain is better suited to the Nittos, go for it since they are relatively cheap. I won't ever buy another Nitto tire for a truck though.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
PressB
Amateur

If you're not planning on getting into anything seriously nasty, then don't waste your time with a mud bogger tire or anything of that nature. You'll end up hating the vibration on the road and wear them down without ever using them for what they were intended, unless you're just going for the look. If you want something for mild off road and good wear on the street without all the noise and hopping. Try looking into Kumho Road Venture A/T tires. Had mine for 2 years and 20,000 miles on them and not even half way through the tread yet. I drive on snow/ice, dirt roads and highway. They're definatly a good tire and not as high priced as some of the others out there.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
madmax0r
Professional

haha,

NItto Tires are LOUD... I will vouch for that, My truck has been mistaken for a Cessna coming in for a landing when I drive by over 60 mph...

Quick Reply: Tires