2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

K&N or AEM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:51 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least some issues can be avoided that way, I wish i could feel like everyone on the forum just got along and respected eachothers opinions, but apparently some people feel to strongly about their own opinion or their own stuff. And this is voiced out to anyone who feels like chasing an argument about how much better their opinion is, not just to viper and purpl, Im just trying to make it clear that everyone can have an opinion and not have to have people telling them how stupid they are, or how awful their opinion is.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM
MAJohns
Captain

IMO K&N is like any other high flow filter you are just paying for the name. you can spend $300 on a full K&N system and its no better than the $60 one for find on ebay.(as long as both are kigh flow filters) i paid $80 for a True cold air intake for my mustang the filter was behind the front bumper and i couldn't tell much differance. definately not worth $200-$300. the only reason i put the 10X3 cleaner on mine is because the stock setup is about bootlegged. and i spent $20 to fix that.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
I had the K&N drop in then went to a FIPK. I felt a difference.
How did you feel a difference if you aren't old enough to drive? I'm not trying to be a dick just asking?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:21 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

He drives, I drove when I was younger, just not on city streets and highways. On your own property its completely legal, and off...well, its only illegal if you get caught, although I wouldnt have personally risked it. btw, sorry to whoever started this thread, it really got jacked up... i would start another thread on this subject and hope that people dont start war again, and you can probably get better responses, a little more rational responses at least

Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
How did you feel a difference if you aren't old enough to drive? I'm not trying to be a dick just asking?
My *** feels the same things my dad's (driver) *** feels. I'm in the truck.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

There's something so wrong with that last statement, but I'm not sure what...

Anyway, I'm a former FIPK owner who after spending another 50 bucks on a larger filter ( to make it work properly), deleting the useless baffling, and having the tube replaced, ditched it for a 14x3 chromey.
I couldn't be happier. Peace.