2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Spartan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Speaker

I know this topic has been talked about and i know all about the "space" limits but i have some questions. Im 17 and got the truck about 4 months ago its a 99 4x4 quad cab SB. I noticed about a week after i bought it that the driverside door speaker was not functioning. But because of the freezingA@@ weather i wasnt going to mess with it. Well dits still cold but i got bored today and decided to check it out. Well for all of you who havnt takin the door panel off its a BITCH
and if you love your car your going to have a hard time lol i was pulling and prying forever praying that i didnt break any thing but all went well. Ok well now for the speaker..... It is broken! the connections "power" runnning into the speaker it self are "dead" upon further inspection i was informed that the speaker isnt worth fixing. SO do i buy a new one aftermarket "probly Best Buy would be my only option" or buy a used infinity from another dodge on ebay. I found a set for 25$ with only one bidder. My questiong are. P.S im not an audio nut i just listen to music "not the rattle your doors off loundness either"
1.How much should i pay for the set on ebay.
2. The speaker i pulled out has a complex wireing harness and from what i know about speakers aftermarket ones only have a power "outlets" so wouldnt i be better off just going with the stock so its a direct bolt on?
3. If i do go aftermarket how do you wire it in? from what i see it wouldnt be a direct wire swap?
Any other suggjestions or things i missed lemmie know
Thank you for your help!

Old 02-25-2005, 12:17 AM
wildthing4870
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front Speaker

LOL my speaker in the same spot has done the same thing. but i just insatlled my deck, no speakers at all now, whats the deal....

Quick Reply: Front Speaker