2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

v10 ram 2500 issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:10 AM
mechanix565
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v10 ram 2500 issues

ok guys this is my first post but i got a feeling your gonna hear alot from me since im gonna be doin some heavy modification to my truck. its an 95 8.0 ram 2500 4x4 automatic with the 8 ft bed and regular cab. heres my first issue. for some reason im unable to rev up over 3k it wont do it even with the pedal to the floor. is this a common problem? any ideas what it might be. and also when im jus driving normally and go to stop the second before the truck completely stops there is a bang. it isnt any of the u joints because they are all brand new i was thinking mayb play in the rear end or transfercase? any ideas any help at all would be greatly appreciated i used to be a ford man now im movin to mopar haha thanks.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your first issue sounds like a clogged cat. The last one, I am not real sure about. I know a few years back i started my truck put it in gear to take off and it wouldnt go. I thought st the time that it was a frozen brake pad. I just floored it a couple of times and it popped real loud and took off. I didnt think a thing about. Few days later my left rear wheel slid about a foot and a half out from the fender. Come to find out I had snapped one of the c clips on the year end and that caused the whole pumpkin to detonate.
that might be your issue, then again it might not.
Welcome to DF

Old 02-20-2009, 01:22 AM
mechanix565

thanks alot for replayin so fast im gonna be puttin dual exhaust on it tommoro so ill jus throw in a highflow cat i guess id like nto jus chop the dam thing off lol but then it will be way to loud. someone told me it could be the rear clip for the output shaft in the tranny could be broken causng it to slide in and out but im not sure when i have it up on the lift it seems like there is a little play in the output shaf on the transfer case but my buddys 1500 has the same amount of play so i dont think thats the issue.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 PM
mechanix565

so ya took off my cats today they seem clean i put on the glass packs and it sounds mean but still cant tak over 3k i think i found the bang the spare tire was really loose and swinging all over the place bangin off the bottom of the bed so i tightened it havnt had a bang yet, im gonna do new plugs and wires tommoro and see if that helps any if that dont do it im goin to a speed shop and having a custom tune done then ill have plenty of powr

Old 02-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Gotta feed them horses
Professional

My truck which is the exact same as yours bogs down sometimes. I got the fuel injectors cleaned out and it fixed it for a while but it still ocasionally bogs. I could still rev it all the way but it would bog down and almost stall at idle. It's funny that you had a problem with the spare. I ran over mine backing out of my diveway. The cable actually broke.......

Old 02-20-2009, 10:53 PM
mechanix565

well im a mechanic so i can do 90 percent of the repair **** myself so ill get new o rings and **** for my injectors and do them tommoro with the plugs and wires. what do they make for bolt on performance for the v10? i cant find anyhtin good like pulleys or intakes or a power programmer, thats what i really want if not ill go to the dyno shop and get a tune

Quick Reply: v10 ram 2500 issues