2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

idea for sub/box combo

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, for anyone who doesnt know, jl audio way overcharges for a box that you can get off of ebay for 140.00, great quality, same one I have in my truck, and it really is stealth at its best in these trucks. And the downfiring quality of it is excellent, perfect spacing from the ground at about an inch or so, giving the sub room to move, the box is deep enough that you dont need any shallow mount subs like you would in a behind the seat enclosure for a reg cab giving you a sub that has a good airspace ratio to whatever sub you buy. Im just trying to save anyone time, space, money, and trouble by showing this to everyone, I hope anyone who is looking at setting up a subwoofer in their dodges looks at this and can use this to their advantage, it comes with a cushion on top giving the passenger a comfortable seat, and all holes are predrilled to match with your factory setup so you keep the console and it mounts straight into the old brackets on your floor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Category=50565

Old 02-25-2009, 07:26 PM
helms
All Star

Originally Posted by dodgeman22
i installed mine where my center consul used to be, and most people cant tell im running 350 rms and you cant hear anythign but bass in the back seat go to my cardomain to see pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2538209
wow, that is alot of pictures

Old 02-25-2009, 08:19 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

I built a single box behind my bucket seats in my reg. cab dodge and it works just fine. I have all the base that I could ever want. Without going out and measuring it I cant tell you the exact measurements, but it basically goes from one side of the cab to the other, and it is wedge shaped (somewhere around 12" on the bottom, 4" on the top, and 20" high). It ends up being just under 4 cu. ft. total (2 on each side with a center barrier, not ported) which is enough space for most subs. My seats go almost all the way back, and the center council still folds up. Cost me like 30 bucks in material (my stereo guru carpeted it for free ).

Old 02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by olyelr
and the center council still folds up. Cost me like 30 bucks in material (my stereo guru carpeted it for free ).
What makes you think that the center console wont fold up on the center console sub box setup???? mine folds up just fine...

Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 98cherryram
What makes you think that the center console wont fold up on the center console sub box setup???? mine folds up just fine...
What makes you think I think your center council doesn't fold up???? Cause I didn't say that, nor do I think that. I simply stated MY center council still folds up.

I stated that because I have seen some boxes (custom made ones, not manufactured jobbies) for the back of reg. cab dodges that interfere with the center council operation (as it swings up it also moves backward a bit).

I was informing the OP that I was able to make mine work behind the seats, while still having the seat go back, the center council work, and have a total of 4 cubic feet (which was needed for my subs, and is more than enough for a set of most 10's or 12's).

I did have to remove those plastic tabs on the back wall that secure those stock storage containers, though.

Quick Reply: idea for sub/box combo